Available Positions at the Commemorative Air Force
GIFT SHOP MANAGER Location: Midland, Texas
The ideal candidate must be able to provide a great shopping experience for our organizations members and our museum patrons. A desire to assist people and keep an organized store is vital for this position. In addition to being able to perform basic operational and transactional functions, this position is also responsible for maintaining on hand stock, accurate inventory control and shipping any phone/online orders. Candidates must provide a superior level of customer service and merchandise quality to maximize sales and profits.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understanding of retail sales and their relationship to inventory levels
- Seek new products and brands to create excitement and sales
- Work with a variety of different vendors
- Retail management experience and high level of customer service: friendly, proactive, prompt, professional
- Assist in creating marketing and sales promotions to generate sales
- Ensure each customer is welcomed into the store in a warm and genuinely sincere manner.
- Handle and resolve escalated customer complaints and issues that may arise
- Must be able to work on Saturdays and occasionally for after-hours events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sincere desire to work with diverse customers, selling apparel and gifts
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in retail
- Strong merchandising and visual skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Basic math skills required for accurate ordering and inventory purposes
- Ability to organize orders, shipments and back stock inventory
- Retail: 1 year
- Must be able to pass a background check