CAF Membership Opportunities
You need not be a veteran nor a pilot to join the CAF. Membership is open to all men and women, ages 18 or older. Cadet membership is open to all those ages 12-23. All membership levels will receive a membership card and the knowledge that you are securing a part of history that can remain alive through flight. The CAF is a non-profit, tax exempt historical and educational organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Click here to download an application.
CAF Colonel: $200 per year
As a CAF Colonel, you are eligible to:
- Become a member of a CAF Unit or Aircraft Support Team
- Fly in CAF aircraft on a space-available basis as qualified crew
- CAF Name tag, wings and Commission Certificate
- GiftShop Discounts
- Monthly Magazine Dispatch*
Active Military, Guard and Reserve personnel can join the CAF at the Colonel level for a discounted rate of just $100. Dues will remain $100 annually while on Active Service in the U.S. Military.
*Members who reside outside the U.S. will automatically receive the Digital Dispatch via email monthly. The printed version can be mailed monthly for an additional donation. Please contact member services (877) 767-7175 for information.
CAF Airpower Museum Preservation Colonel: $300 per year
As a Preservation Colonel you are eligible to receive the same benefits of CAF Colonel membership plus:
- Discounted CAF Campus Facility Rentals
- Discounted Aviation Cadet Academy Enrollment for young family members.
- Invitations to exhibit previews & exclusive member only events
CAF Life Member: $2,400 one-time payment
As a CAF Life Member you are eligible to receive the same benefits of CAF Colonel Membership plus:
- Life Member Wings, a Life Member card, Life Member plaque
Life Members can upgrade to Gold Life Membership for $1,000
With that upgrade you will receive:
- A gold name tag
- Gold lettering on black leather name patch
- An Art print by Roy Grinnell
CAF Cadet: $45 per year
Cadet memberships are open to students ages 12-23. As a CAF Cadet, you are eligible to:
- CAF name tag, wings, t-shirt and certificate
- Free admission to the CAF Airpower Museum
- GiftShop discounts
- Monthly magazine Digital Dispatch delivered to your email
Supporting Member: $75 per year
As an alternative to full CAF Membership, you may become a Supporting member and receive:
- A Supporting Membership Card
- A quarterly Digital Dispatch delivered to your email
To be a member of a Wing, Squadron or Detachment you must first be a CAF Colonel, Preservation Colonel, Life Member or Cadet.
Wing, Squadron or Detachment Membership:
(Yearly dues vary and are payable to the Unit)
Becoming a unit member puts you where the action is- close to the aircraft and their operations. There are more than 70 CAF Wings and Squadrons located in 24 U.S. States and four foreign countries and are assigned the responsibility of maintaining aircraft. Detachments are responsible for various disciplines within the CAF, such as Marshalling, AIRSHO, Medical or Explosive Ordinance.
Unit Members often receive additional benefits such as:
- A monthly Unit newsletter
- Unit Assigned Aircraft crew opportunities