2022 CAF CONFERENCE INFORMATION
The annual members-only CAF Conference took place on February 17 - 20, 2022 at the CAF National Airbase in Dallas, TX. The conference is aimed at CAF members at any level of experience, whether you have recently joined or are a long-time Unit leader; there's no better way to get to know the CAF! To attend this conference, you must be a CAF Member (Colonel, Preservation Colonel, Life Member or Cadet). This year 57 out of 82 Units were represented by 173 members. Several first-time Units were represented including New England Wing, Birmingham Escadrille, Bayou State Escadrille, and Music City Wing.
PHOTO ALBUM FROM THE CONFERENCE
PRESENTATIONS FROM THE CONFERENCE
Social Media Learn how to leverage your presence into engagement and visitation. Find out what your audience wants, how to use calls to action, and how to use advertising to expand your reach and influence. Also discover what 2021 trends tell us about social media in 2022.
Recruit Retain Regain The Three R's of Membership: How do you grow your Unit? How do you engage new members and bring back those who drifted away? Learn successful strategies and tactics for strengthening retention efforts and developing a “Member First” culture.
PIO Resources Learn what resources are available to you to market your Unit. Also this is a great opportunity to let staff know what new resources would be helpful to marketing units nationwide.
Fundraising Fundamentals Do you want to learn how to build better relationships with funders and top donors that lead to increased financial support? Want to learn how to improve your messaging of the CAF’s mission to always consider the donor’s point of view? Are you looking for practical tips and tools to take your fundraising efforts to the next level? This session is for you.
12 Planes of Christmas – Unwrapping Success The 12 Planes of Christmas Campaign has raised over $1 million dollars since its inception – directly benefiting aircraft from across the CAF fleet. Want to learn more about this campaign? Have you wondered how your unit can participate and how to maximize the fundraising potential for your assigned aircraft? Join Marketing, Development, and unit representatives to learn more about this annual campaign and begin preparing now for a successful 2022 campaign.
Brand Standards The way we present the organization determines what you and others think about the CAF - This is the essence of "a brand." Learn about the CAF brand and why it is important to have guidelines and standards for it. Learn why it is vital for all aspects of the organization to stay consistent and “on brand.”
OTHER SESSION DESCRIPTIONS
- Mini Aviation Discovery Zone-Come Play!: Experience firsthand a miniature version what the National Aviation Education Center provides during the annual CAF Wings Over Dallas Airshow. We host thousands of kids over three days where they experience hands-on, aviation related activities. During this conference mini event, you will work through stations in a make-and take setting. You will see how easy it is to showcase principles of flight, engineering, and mechanics in these simple workstations. Take home ideas for your own Aviation Discovery Zone or activities to engage a few kids in learning about aviation. Be sure to join us on Saturday during the How to Organize an Aviation Exploration Day session where we will dig into the logistics of how you can host your own event.
- How to Organize an Aviation Exploration Day: Learn how simple it is to host students of any age for a day of aviation related exploration. Partnerships, activities and behind the scenes logistics will be discussed.
- Finance - Beginners: Learning to be a Finance Officer.
- Finance – Advanced: What is due and when.
- Quickbooks Online: Where to find items and how to record transactions.
- Finance Q&A: Answering Finance Officer’s questions on information from the sessions and other items you will probably forget.
- New Unit Officers Report for Duty! Are you new to Unit leadership at the CAF? Maybe you want a refresher on the duties of your office? Join CEO Hank Coates, COO David Oliver and CFO Lance Linguist for an overview of the various responsibilities and duties of Unit leadership. Learn some tips and tricks to help you prioritize, simplify and strengthen your effectiveness as a Unit officer.
- Calling All Cadets!: Cadet programs across the CAF vary quite a bit in size and scope. Come share ideas and learn new approaches for starting or strengthening your Unit’s Cadet program.
- Introducing the Vintage Warbird Riders Club: The rumors are true! The CAF is changing its approach to Supporting Memberships derived from LHFA aircraft rides. We’ll roll-out the details of this new initiative, including the new electronic hold harmless agreement. Share your ideas on ways the CAF can continue to engage aircraft riders long after the ride is over.
- Safety Update & Operations Staff Introduction
- CAF Operations
- CAF Maintenance
- Aircraft Restoration Update
- Insurance review and Q&A w/Assured Partners
- AirCorp Library