Come See the CAF Airbase Arizona Flying Museum this Summer
June 7, 2021, Mesa, Arizona- Take an exciting trip through 100 years of military aviation this summer at the CAF Airbase Arizona Flying Museum located in Mesa, Arizona, open Wednesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. More information is available at www.azcaf.org.
Located near many other popular Arizona attractions, Airbase Arizona operates on the site of a former World War II training base and is rated Several new exhibits and programs are now open, including:
- Wildcat and Avenger! Two of the top Navy fighter and bomber planes of WWII, the Grumman Wildcat and TBM Avenger, lead the aircraft displays for summer. Additional aircraft displays include WWII through Vietnam Era bombers, fighters, gunships, and ‘incredible combat utility planes.’
- Special speaker presentations – On selected Saturdays at 1 pm, special presentations spotlight some of the most critical people and events in military aviation. Check our website event calendar for details.
- Family Day Special – The first Saturday of the month all summer (June through September) admission is discounted to $5 per person or $10 for a family of four.
- History Uncovered! These are unique educational exhibits developed from the personal artifacts and accounts of intrepid Americans who stepped up to serve their country during some of the most difficult times in history.
- Flying Legends of Victory Tour – Our B-17 Flying Fortress and B-25 Mitchell bombers are on tour around the U.S. from June to October. Meet up with us at one of our tour stops to see the aircraft or go on the flight of a lifetime.
The Airbase Arizona Flying Museum, a unit of the Commemorative Air Force, has operated from historic Falcon Field in Mesa, Arizona for over 40 years, providing inspiring and educational experiences to young and old. With its annual aircraft touring programs, living history flights and a top-rated exhibition museum, this attraction is available to the public year-round. Its mission is to ‘Educate - Inspire – and Honor’ through its many programs of flight and living history experiences.
Airbase Arizona is a not-for-profit educational organization, designated Blue Star Family Museum and is affiliated with the Smithsonian.