Wings Over Camarillo – The Premier Air Show On The Central Coast Of California
August 2, 2023, Camarillo, CA – The 42nd annual Wings Over Camarillo Air Show, presented by Oxnard Auto Center, will occur August 19-20, 2023, at Camarillo Airport. Experience the sounds, speed, and freedom of flight with the U.S. Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet West Coast Rhino demo! This year's theme is "Honoring Our Korean War Veterans 1951-1953."
From aerobatic flights to the raw power of an FA-18, from classic biplanes to vintage aircraft from World War II and Korea, and Classic Cars to hands-on exhibits in our expanded STEM Pavilion, you’ll find a wide variety of things to do at this year’s Wings Over Camarillo Air Show. Come early and see all the planes on display. Wander through rows of classic cars and trucks. See robotics exhibitions in the STEM Pavilion. Get something to eat at the Food Court, with more food vendors. Then, find your spot and enjoy the show.
Static Aircraft Display Includes:
* Thunderbolt II – U.S. Air Force/Air National Guard – The Republic A-10 Tank Killer is the U.S. Air Force’s Close Air Support Aircraft of Choice.
* Boeing C-17 Globemaster III is a U.S. Air Force strategic and tactical airlifter in current service.
* Lockheed C-130J Hercules – In continuous production longer than any other military aircraft, the C-130 has earned a reputation as a workhorse ready for any tactical airlift mission, anywhere, anytime.
* C-47 Skytrain – This aircraft first flew in 1941, served in every World War II theater, and still serves worldwide.
* The Bell UH-1Y & AH-1Z – The U.S. Marine Corps uses these helicopters. With updated airframes and state-of-the-art avionics, they have been a mainstay of Marine Corps aviation since Vietnam. They are in front-line service with a digital glass cockpit, new weapons systems, higher thrust engines, and four rotor blades.
* HH-65 Dolphin – This is the mainstay of the USCG Search and Rescue Helicopter Force. It is now based at NAS Point Mugu.
* F/A-18 – A twin-engine supersonic, all-weather carrier aircraft designed as both a fighter and attack aircraft with speeds up to Mach 1.8; also used by the U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels.
CAF Aircraft Attending include C-53 D-Day Doll, PBJ Semper Fi, A6M Zero, and the F6F Hellcat.
Living History fans will enjoy the 82nd Airborne Division 505th Reenactment Camp again this year. They are a recognized unit of the California Historical Group, the largest World War II organization on the West Coast. They are the only ones to stage full-on armor and infantry reenactment involving tanks, half-tracks, trucks, jeeps, motorcycles, etc. The 82nd Airborne Unit is a World War II Living History group, a non-profit educational and historical society. The reenactment camp exists to remember and pay tribute to the combat soldiers of World War II. They preserve period artifacts and vehicles and research their use and origins.
With an emphasis on veterans, Guests are invited to the Veteran’s Tent to visit with war veterans and real heroes from different wars. The show is honored to host veterans wanting to share their first-hand experiences with others each year. Those with children are encouraged to take advantage of this unique opportunity to make a personal connection with the ones who did the work that led to America’s success and preserved our freedom. No matter your age, come by and learn why we are all in debt to those who fought for us and how our military has kept us and the world safe.
At the Wings Over Camarillo Veteran’s Tent, you can come to talk to World War II, Korean War, and Vietnam veteran pilots, aircrew, mechanics, as well as other war-time specialties. These veterans served in combat and risked their lives for the country.
Wings Over Camarillo is presented by Camarillo Wings Association (CWA), a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation (EIN #27-1789245). CWA promotes aviation and its heritage while inspiring youth with aviation-related programs, education, and leadership opportunities.
Share this page!