The CAF has the below positions available:
These job descriptions in no way state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employees occupying these positions. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. These job descriptions may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
The Commemorative Air Force is an equal opportunity employer.
These jobs are civilian positions and do not require military service (including commission and enlistment).
Must meet training and background check qualifications and comply with the Protection of Minors policy. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.
The CAF offers a generous benefit package that includes health, vision, dental, life and disability at a cost of $50 per month for the employee, and a retirement plan that is matched up to 3%. The value of this package is over $13,000.
The Commemorative Air Force is the world’s largest World War II Flying Museum with over 175 historic military aircraft and 87 units in 29 states throughout the U.S. The headquarters offices are location in Dallas at Dallas Executive Airport. Information concerning our organization can be obtained at www.commemorativeairforce.org.
The Henry B. Tippie National Aviation Education Center's (NAEC) mission is to Honor the Past, Empower the Future by designing and operating programs that provide hands-on learning opportunities and activities for all ages. Located at Dallas Executive Airport, the NAEC is the flagship of the American Airpower Heritage Museum (AAHM), an affiliate of the Commemorative Air Force.
Looking for further opportunities? Discover available positions at the CAF Headquarters here!
Aviation Maintenance Technician
The Commemorative Air Force is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) to work at our National Airbase in Dallas Texas. In this role, you’ll be responsible for scheduling and overseeing routine maintenance inspections, diagnosing, and general maintenance of aircraft systems. Duties also include advising and supervising aircraft repairs.
To ensure your success in the role, AMT’s should demonstrate in-depth knowledge of structural, mechanical, electrical, and hydraulics aircraft systems. An expert AMT will be someone who has excellent communication and analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and is dedicated to learning and growing in this field. Additional skills might include the ability to supervise and work with volunteers, as well as a deep appreciation for history, WWII, and Military Aviation.
· Scheduling and overseeing routine aircraft maintenance checks.
· Implementing and adhering to strict safety guidelines.
· Creating and maintaining repair logs, records, logbooks, etc.
· Using hand tools, diagnostic tests, and instruments to identify aircraft system failures.
· Collaborating with engineers and other experienced AMT’s to affect repairs.
· Preparing diagnostics reports and suggesting repair solutions based on thorough evaluations.
· Ensuring aircraft part compatibility, authenticity, and organization.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Ability to work well with others
· Ability to work with volunteers
· Ability to read, write, and understand the English Language
· Aircraft Maintenance experience on Warbird and vintage aircraft preferred
Education and Qualifications:
· A&P Certificate (or ability to quickly get A&P Certificate)
· Associates Degree; (or higher) in related field preferred
· 1 year of experience working on aircraft preferred
· Experience working on Warbird or Vintage Aircraft highly desirable
· Regularly performs tasks with hands and fingers for grasping and holding objects
· Regularly performs office-related tasks at a desk or workstation while sitting, such as: keyboarding, phones, handwriting, filing, etc.
· Sometimes pushes, pulls, lifts, and/or carries up to 50 pounds across a distance with or without supportive devices
· Sometimes stands, walks, bends, stoops, crouches, reaches, climbs, and kneels throughout the workday
· Sometimes drives or travels by car/aircraft; occasionally travels out-of-area or overnight
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Director of Operation
The CAF Director of Operations reports to the Chief Aviation Officer. This position is responsible for all 175 aircraft, flight operations, airshow events, and operational activities that happen within the CAF and its 80 CAF units. Modeling and leadership of a safety culture is paramount. Duties include:
- Promote a safety culture first and foremost.
- Provide management and oversight of the Operations Office Manager.
- Oversight of the online flight management software ‘Rally Point’ for aircraft operations.
- Leadership of the CAF Stan Eval Committee and their safety charter.
- Oversight of the CAF pilot proficiency and evaluation program.
- Work directly with the members, volunteers, and pilots to assist them with all operational needs.
- Management of the LHFE 6802 exemption and 91.147 Rides for Hire Programs.
- Oversight of the CAF Drug and Alcohol abatement program.
- Oversight of the CAFR regulation documents including 60-1, 55-7, 66-1.
- Work closely with FAA and other industry partnerships.
- Reviews and approves pilot transition letters, FEB, and pilot fit to fly evaluations.
• Current CFI (required).
• Class 2 Medical (required, or highly desirable).
• Must be eligible to enroll in the CAF’s managed Drug and Alcohol testing program.
• Warbird, Vintage, and Flight Training experience (highly desirable).
• A&P preferred but not required.
• Experience and ability to work with volunteers is a required skill.
• Health, Vision and Dental Insurance available.
• Life insurance, long-term and short-term disability available.
• Up to 3% employer matched Retirement plan.
• Paid vacation time available for first year employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Membership Data Analyst
The Membership Data Analyst is responsible for the routine processing and operation, and particularly the accurate flow of data and information, for the Membership department and assists in implementing membership strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides accurate information to help set goals, plans and budgets, and works with staff and external contractors and consultants to implement plans.
· Provides input on the development of recruiting, renewal and retention programs to maximize membership and monitors results to recommend strategy adjustments.
· Works across departments, ensures the accuracy of the membership data in the organization’s fundraising and membership database (Raiser’s Edge), and monitors the various monthly and annual payment programs to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
· Identifies ways to maximize the integration and accuracy of data and data processes across systems (e.g., member database, marketing system, electronic hold harmless) to increase efficiency, manage cost, and keep information up to date.
· Maintain schedule for duplicate check and removal.
· Work with confidential information in a professional and responsible manner.
· Enters member data and gifts directly into the member database and other systems, and reviews data entries across the department to ensure accuracy and process compliance.
· Routinely reviews and updates internal data processes, making sure changes are communicated and documented thoroughly.
· Ensures monthly membership billing and membership changes are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
· Assists CAF Units in recruiting and retention.
· Ensures membership electronic communications, mailings and membership package fulfillment, including any collateral, are current, accurate and timely.
· Produces mailing and publication lists for the monthly magazine, website, and organization award programs.
· Works with members to resolve issues with their membership and with Unit Officers to monitor their Unit membership.
· Provides support for the annual Member Meeting and Board elections, including electronic and paper mailings, and tracking absentee ballots.
· Ensures system and process updates are in place for the annual CAF Conference and serves as the point of contact for registration as well as event support.
· Provides support and staffing for membership recruitment and engagement activities at CAF and NAEC-sponsored events such as the Wings Over Houston, Wings Over Dallas, and other airshows and programs such as Warbird Weekends.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Full-time On-Site (No remote work)
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a data management/analysis role and/or membership role with increasing responsibilities.
· Experience with Client Resource Management (CRM) databases; Raiser’s Edge preferred.
· Excellent attention to detail and follow-through; demonstrated track-record of analyzing date to check for errors and inaccuracies.
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Strong quantitative, analytical, process development, facilitation and organizational skills required.
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
· Strong skills in Excel and other MS Office products.
· Enthusiastic, outgoing, positive and friendly attitude.
· Experience with and understanding of non-profit environments a plus.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Looking for further opportunities? Discover available positions at the CAF Headquarters here!